Thursday, November 02, 2006

I HATE GOODBYE - EVEN IF IT IS JUST A WEEKEND!!!!

This morning I took Chris to the airport - He's off to Kansas City (I'm not sure if he's on the Kansas side or the Missouri side)! He is speaking at a Youth Encounter weekend - high schoolers I believe! It is such an awesome opportunity for him and I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!! He speaks so well to the youth and they really enjoy his teaching - it's practical and so easy to understand. He has a real gift! I hope he has an amazing weekend and meets some really cool people! Can't wait to hear all about it!

BUT...............I MISS HIM!

I have to admit - I am a little leary of times he goes away - we don't have a very good record of uneventful-dads-away-for-a-few-days times! Let's see - the girls and I have had a broken pipe and water spewing everywhere, the police arrive at the door because someone called 911 (by mistake of course) and want to know where my husband was (sure he's out of town lady), keys locked in the van when downtown, the dog almost die and have to have major surgery, a daughter tell a stranger on the phone that her mother leaves her alone at home ......just to name a few incidents!!!! So, we'll see what this weekend brings and we are up for the challenge - so far - so good. After I dropped him off at the airport (and he almost left with my get-out-of-the-parking-lot ticket with him) I went to work at the Dr's office and Dr. David gave me my first flu shot! I can't remember the last time I have ever had a shot - maybe when the rabbit bit me in college. Then there was groceries - uneventful, a few errands - uneventful, and oh yes, I had to pump gas - I HATE PUMPING GAS!!!!! But, I did it - didn't think I could milk what gas was left in the tank until Tuesday morning! Lauryn had a band concert and they did really well! So - I just have to take the dog for a walk and make sure he does his business before bed and we should have made it through day 1 without incident! Thank you Lord! I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home