Tuesday, September 05, 2006


1st Day of School
It finally has arrived - the 1st day of school! Everyone was up and going by 7:30 a.m. (some earlier than others). Lunches made the night before, back packs packed and clothes set out. Everything went smoothly and out on time. After everyone left I walked down to the library to return some books and took some time to read the newspaper and choose a new book to read (it's a sports autobiography so probably wouldn't interest to many). I needed to escape the loud "quiet" in the house. When I arrived back home I kind of stood there for a moment to think about what I should do next. Laundry was the chosen activity. (1st picture - Hannah & Ashleigh, 2nd picture - Molly & Lauryn, 1st day of school)

Yesterday we were so fortunate to attend the wedding of a special friend. When we first met Heidi she was a member of the youth group. The wedding was beautiful, despite the rain, and we had a wonderful time. We got to connect with old friends from around the Maritimes, eat, spend time with good friends from the island, laugh and eat chocolate cake
and then dive into the chocolate fountain - a first experience for many of us.
(Hannah used the most skewers of anyone at the table) And how do you eat a
Rice Krispie Treat that has been soaked in milk chocolate with NO fork?????

Weddings always make me think back on my own wedding and how amazing it was. When I got married I hade all of these ideas and dreams about what I thought marriage would be like. When advise was offered I thought, that will never be us or we won't do that. HeeHee!!!!! To me, marriage is an amazing thing. How 2 people, usually very different people, can love each other and make it work. It might not be just as I once dreamed or thought it would be, but I know, because of each other - we are better people. I might once have had all these great ideas of what my marriage would be like but in the end it's the security of knowing he is there and cheering me on in life! There are plenty of others out there implying that one should be this way or look that way but to know beyond a shadow of doubt that there is something there to love you and cheer you on - just as you are - PRICELESS!!!!!

Now - I better get up and get going - Have to bake our annual "Back to School" cake for dessert tonight!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele,

What is a chocolate fountain?!

Sharon V.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home