Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11
I haven't written anything in a few days. I had to work (6:30 am to 2:30 pm) 4 days last week - and as many of you know - a morning person I AM NOT!!!!! I am enjoying my job - a nurse in a community care facility! I love the residents and being able to care for them, talk to them and listen to them! It's proof to me that everyone truely has an amazing story!

Part of the usual school day routine is the TV is turned on to the news in the morning (usually after Molly watches Clifford The Big Red Dog). First images this morning were those of 9/11 - 5 years ago! I remember where I was. In Lauryn's hospital room waiting for her to return from surgery. A nurse came in and told us to turn on the TV we would probably want to see what was happening. I was in shock when I saw what was happening! The images today remind me of how precious life is and the time we have now! My heart always aches for those you see who have experienced such grief and pain in such a hateful way. The way each person has dealt with it and the impact the lives of many of those who died have played on those of us who are still here.

Today I looked over my "life list - 100 things I want to be or do" to see how I am doing! Some things - I'm doing good, other things - eeeeekk!!!! It is so good for me to look over that list to remind myself of those things that I want to be in life. One thing I've done pretty good at lately is "learning one new thing each week". That's how this blog got started. I also learned to crochet a quilt and the 5 strangest things ever sold in a vending maching (emu jerky, live shrimp, holy water, and I'm trying to think of the other two).

Family is doing good. Ashleigh had to opt out of playing volleyball this year to work to pay for her trip to Paris & Spain. Hannah made the volleyball team. Lauryn is running cross-country and starts volleyball. Molly is starting curling. Chris is coaching volleyball besides working! I am keeping all of them in the right place at the right time, feeding them at the appropriate times, and making sure all their socks, jerseys, kneepads and school clothes are all cleaned and in the right rooms! WHEW!!!! I'm lovin' it!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home