Thursday, February 08, 2007

WHAT CAN YOU DO IN JUST 8 DAYS!
It's only the 8th and boy have we been busy. On Friday nite - the 2nd - we had a youth group lock-in. We used the theme "LOST" and based it on the TV show. We had a terminal set up complete with check-in and boarding passes. They then boarded a plane - yes, the youth room was set up like an airplane - that even included an inflight movie and snacks before the crash. At the rear of the plane we even had a slide they had to slide down to get out of the plane and onto the "island" It was a great night. We had only planned for about 70 because there was a big hockey tournment in town and were pleasantly surprised when there were 126 - yes, you read that right - 126 teenagers, from 7th grade to 12th grade. I had to leave early because on Saturday the 3rd we had to go to Halifax.

On the 3rd at 6:30 in the morning it was snowing quite a big and so Chris left the lock-in a bit early to go with Hannah and I to Halifax. Ashleigh & Molly came along as well. There were no plows on the road the whole trip and it was pretty hairy at times. Hannah had a synchronized skating competition and it was well worth the trip. They finished 2ndout of 7 teams. We did a quick trip to the MicMac Mall and then headed back home.

The 4th saw us in church in the morning, at the skating rink at the park in the afternoon and at the Super Bowl party at the MacKenzies that night. I was pumped as I am a HUGE Payton Manning and Colts fan. I have rooted for Payton since his days at UT. So, needless to say I was some excited, pumped, thrilled, psyched, etc... when they won. Most of the people at the party were Bears fans and a bit of trash talking came our way but they were quited pretty quickly - like right after the 1st quarter. As I was enjoying my team that night my body began telling me "illness" was inevitable.

Feb. 5 is my birthday and when I woke up I felt attrocious! I had to get up no matter how bad I felt, not to make the donuts, but to do the payroll. I am only the one to do it and no one would get paid without me! So I went off to contaminate everyone at work and pay them. I spent the rest of the day and night on the couch. My family headed out to buy my favorite take-out and discovered the restaurant closed till March. So we ended up with fried chicken from the local grocery store - it was good anyway!

The 6th I spent in bed - again - and we had all the usual family "busy"ness going on. The 7th we had youth group and a workcamp meeting. Today I was back at work, kids were at school, dentist appointments, Chris was working, grocery shopping and the best part - I had a real birthday party today with the familiy. They are so awesome! They cooked me dinner and my cool, sylish daughters had picked out some cool and stylish gifts for their mom!!!!!

So, that's our first 8 days of February - how have your's been?

1 Comments:

Blogger Murray's Corner said...

wow, you had a lot jam packed into those 8 days! That Lost youth group night sounded fun.....creative minds!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home